WCD Northern California Meeting
The City Club of San Francisco
155 Sansome Street, Penthouse
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
11:30 a.m. – Registration & Meet and Greet
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Meeting
Welcome and Introductions
- One minute introductions for guests and new members
New Boards/New Opportunities
- Announcements from members of acquired new board seats
- Announcements from members of known board opportunities
New Economy: The Internet of Things and Sensors
The present is about the internet for people. The future is the Internet of Everything. Analysts expect that 50 to 100 billion devices will be connected to the Internet by 2020, much of which will be driven by sensors incorporated into everything from pills to refrigerators to humans. Learn how sensors and the Internet of Everything will transform services, products and our personal lives, creating new business opportunities disrupting existing industries and leading to the possible elimination of major global problems such as hunger, access to medical care and energy.
Please join Agnieszka Winkler and Dr. Janus Bryzek, a well-known keynote speaker and the most recognized sensor expert in the world, as they discuss the perception of the future.
- Dr. Janusz Bryzek - the "Father of Sensors" and a pioneer of MEMS (microelectromechanical systems) technology, cofounded nine Silicon Valley MEMS companies, started several sensor standardization efforts, including AAMI Disposable Blood Pressure Transducers, IEEE-1451 Smart Sensor Communication, and TSensors, and holds 23 U.S. patents. In 2013, Bryzek started the TSensors (Trillion Sensors) initiative, which targets the elimination of major global problems such as access to food, health care, energy and a clean environment in one generation. Dr. Bryzek has been performing due diligence for top tier VC firms, including USVP, Mayfield, Benchmark, Mergenthaler and Panorama, and has served as an advisor or board member for more than 40 startups.
- Leadership Team/Report Out
§ Bo Arlander – Program Co-Chair
§ Shanti Atkins – Social Chair
§ Maureen Conners – NACD Outreach
§ Joan Dea – Political Chair
§ Amal Johnson – Director’s Outreach
§ Nola Masterson – Program Co-Chair
§ Mary Jo Potter – ELC Outreach Chair