Chapter Name: WCD Washington DC Chapter
Date: April 19, 2016 from 6-9pm
Guest Speaker: Shawn Henry, CEO of CrowdStrike
Topic: Cybersecurity Risks, Corporate Governance, and the Board of Directors Role.
According to Shawn Henry, “Boards of directors and the C-suite must acknowledge and recognize this business risk, and work to detect and respond to them quickly to mitigate the consequences. The leadership must set the pace for the rest of the organization, and it starts with awareness of the threat and a sense of urgency to respond.” Shawn is on the Faculty and a Board Leadership Fellow at the National Association of Corporate Directors, where he speaks to Corporate Boards and Directors about complex cybersecurity issues. Our discussion will focus around:
- What should be the top cyber agenda items for Audit Committees and Board room discussions?
- How should Audit Committees monitor management’s preparation for and response to cyber threats?
- What are the top 5-7 steps every Board of Directors should be taking in relation to cyber risk management?
- How and when should boards bring in external resources, or is this always at the management level, with boards doing appropriate probing?
- Shawn will also share a few stories about the "dark web” and his 24 years at the FBI, most recently as Executive Assistant Director of the Criminal, Cyber and Response & Service Branch.