Member Discounts and Special Offers
- WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) is proud to announce our new Alliance Partner, Marriott International.
See the message from Marriott below regarding the value of this partnership to WCD members, and the organization's efforts as a whole:
"Marriott International has a long-standing history of diversity and inclusion. Of our U.S. workforce, more than 50 percent are women, many of whom take advantage of the company’s professional development programs to move up and map out long-term careers with the company. That is one reason why we are proud to partner with WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) to provide an additional resource for women leaders to develop and advance their careers.
We are proud to partner with WCD and welcome members at any of our more than 3,700 hotels worldwide to enjoy stays that are not just comfortable, but rewarding and memorable. Find out more at www.ritzcarlton.com/rewards. As a member of either Marriott® Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton® Rewards, you’ll accrue either points or airline miles – along with a host of promotions throughout the year that can provide you with new paths to even greater rewards. You can also stay your way to Silver, Gold or Platinum Elite membership, offering even more advantages as you ascend to the next level. During the 2012 Fall Institute, a WCD member will be randomly selected to win a $500 Ritz-Carlton gift card."
For more information about Marriott's diversity and inclusion efforts, visit marriott.com/diversity.
Thank you to Marriott International for developing this partnership, and we look forward to working with our new Alliance Partner, offering Institute room discounts and chapter launch venues as both WCD and Marriott grow internationally.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) is expanding its internal database of potential candidates who could be asked to serve as IFC nominees on boards of directors of its equity clients depending on the candidate's specific skills and expertise matching the clients' needs.
To have your candidacy considered for future nominations, please register on https://ifcndd.ifc.org following the steps below. Please contact Deborah Eskinazi (email@example.com) or Davit Karapetyan (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you need further guidance.
To register for the IFC database, follow these steps:
1. Visit this website - https://ifcndd.ifc.org
2. Create an account - using your email address - and a password
3. You will receive an e-mail that you successfully created a log in.
4. Visit the website above again and log in using your e-mail and password. Once in the Database, please enter all the mandatory details, attach your CV and a photo. In the section <Referred by> please put WCD.
5. Submit the registration.
- The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) has made the offer to WCD members that when when registering for conferences, you may use www.NACDonline.org/WCD to receive a special discount for WCD members. Please save this page for future conferences, seminars, and special offers.
- WCD members are being offered the opportunity to book Sofitel Hotel reservations as part of Sofitel's Global Program.
The program offers:
- Preferential rates on all Sofitel destinations: 15% discount off the Sofitel best available rate, which is the market rate of the day.
- Access to the entire Sofitel Luxury Hotels network: 120 hotels in North and South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific.
Bookings can be made in the following ways (by entering WCD's Client ID: AS304906 and Contract number: 1178221):
• Through web (http://www.accorhotels.com) by checking in the AccorhotelsPRO/business page and entering the above Client ID and Contract number,
• Call Centers : USA / Canada 1 800 SOFITEL Toll free (24h/24h), click here to view the contact list of Call Center worldwide
• Direct to Hotels
- In partnership with Wyndham Hotel's Women on their Way program, Wyndham is offering WCD members up to 20% off the "Best Available Rate” at participating locations when you travel. Book online or call 1-877-670-7088 and give the agent your special discount ID number 1000009442 at time of booking to receive the discount.
Additionally, WCD members are offered 10% off Wyndham Endless Vacation Rentals when you book online or call (877) 782-9387. Don’t forget to mention your discount code (1000009442) when speaking with the vacation guide.
- Director Diversity Database (3D)
The Director Diversity Database (3D) is a new board diversity resource developed jointly by:
• The Corporate Library (a corporate governance research firm);
• California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS); and
• California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
• Promote diverse board membership
• Provide shareowners, corporations and search firms with improved access to a diverse and qualified pool of board candidates
• Provide new board candidates with greater access to the nominating system
With 3D, Shareowners will benefit from being able to move beyond simply withholding votes from director candidates to accepting responsibility for nominating suitable director candidates. Corporations will benefit from the availability of a deep bench of diverse candidates for director positions. 3D will also help recruiters optimize their search processes by identifying candidates from a broader universe of talent.
Targeted Searches for Qualified Directors with Diverse Backgrounds
A wide range of search, screening and review tools help clients and stakeholders find potential candidates based on specific skills and experience. Search functionality is expected to be available by September 2011.
Now Open to New Applicants
Potential board candidates who wish to apply for inclusion in 3D may submit their profiles for free at www.GMI3D.com. Profiles are screened for accuracy and appropriateness.
Spread the Word
You can help by spreading the word about 3D to associations, organizations, search firms, corporations and prospective candidates. Additionally, The 3D Blog is under construction and open to new contributors. For information about how submit a piece, contact email@example.com.
Visit the Site
More information about 3D is available at www.GMI3D.com.
- ISS Corporate Services (ICS): Governance Exchange
ISS Corporate Services (ICS) began partnering with WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) in 2009 to share the events, content and benefits of Governance Exchange with WCD’s members, who are eligible for complimentary membership. Governance Exchange is the first secure, online forum where board directors, corporate management and institutional investors come together to discuss corporate governance and compensation topics. The Exchange’s forums enable community members to share and advance their own ideas and experiences, improving overall understanding of different perspectives on corporate governance. Members also have access to a diverse range of corporate governance viewpoints and research through regular webcasts, white papers, surveys, and expert analysis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a complimentary log-in to Governance Exchange.
• More About ISS Corporate Services
• More About Governance Exchange
- Agenda, a Financial Times service, covers boardroom news that the mainstream media generally misses and produces proprietary research that no one else has. It’s also written from a board director’s point of view, which is a key differentiator from publications aimed at investors.
By clicking the special link below, you can get a free trial of Agenda to see if you think it would be valuable for you and your board. As well, Agenda has agreed to provide a 10% discount for WCD members who use the link below.
If you want to speak to an Agenda representative, you can contact Kate Ventricelli, Director of Sales, at 212-542-1262 or KateV@AgendaWeek.com.
- Equilar Atlas provides subscribers with real-time insight on the connections between executives and board members, and accelerates both recruiting and business development opportunities. Equilar has eliminated costly and time-consuming research from the equation to give users immediate, actionable insight into the connections and equity events of over 250,000 high net worth executives.
Special Offer for WCD Members: Click here to request 30-day access to Equilar Atlas.
- Aon Corporation: Directors' and Officers' Liability ("D&O") Exposures
Prepared for WCD September 2010 by Aon Corporation