WCD Is Your Community of Trust and Mutual Support
WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) Foundation is the only global membership organization and community of women corporate directors. In this new era of responsibility, WCD is committed, not just to good governance – but to governance with global vision! WCD helps make the challenges of being a director easier, improves your international knowledge and connections, and enables you to have more impact and influence on public policy and in the boardroom.
As a WCD member, you will contribute to and benefit from the exchange of knowledge and experiences from women directors around the world, optimizing your board performance, and creating long-term sustainable achievements. WCD members are champions for change, progressive thought-leaders, and advocates for accelerating best practices in global governance. Smart boards are going global in members and mindset. The WCD community provides a platform for turning ideas into action—an impact that reaches beyond our membership, to the larger world of corporate governance and its stakeholders worldwide.
Programs for Board Development and Best Practices in Global Governance:
- WCD’s four Institutes each year (Global, European, Asia, Americas) bring together internationally acclaimed speakers in an intimate setting, facilitating off-the record conversations, and enabling lasting friendships in a multi-cultural international environment. Members receive reduced rates and early bird specials to Institutes.
- Included in your membership, each WCD Chapter hosts 3 – 4 events per year, offering relevant topics for discussion in an inviting “off the record” atmosphere. Members are encouraged to attend chapter events around the world and to invite your board member colleagues to these events. A calendar of events is listed on the WCD website and also included in WCD’s monthly e-newsletter.
- WCD provides additional programs around the world including: New Directors Programs, Family Business Institutes, and Chair/Lead Directors Roundtable events.
Resource for Current Tren
- WCD provides an online comprehensive searchable database for current and relevant resources for all areas of corporate governance, including relevant white papers, interviews and speeches, publications, surveys and open blogs.
- WCD releases a member only e-newsletter each month, which includes quick links to articles published in major media and journals from WCD’s Co-Chairs and WCD members world-wide.
- WCD, along with our global sponsor, KPMG, publishes Board Strategy Briefings – relevant and concise summaries of panel topics pulled from panelist’s exchange of ideas at WCD Institutes – knowledge on the go.
Resource for Referra
- Free of Charge, WCD offers a “job board”, visible only to members, listing current open board/director positions, C-Suite and NGO opportunities.
- Understanding that many open board positions are not publically listed, WCD receives
- Many Chapters offer meet-and-greet events, including mixers with invitations to CEOs and other non-WCD board members to foster relationships with those boards who are seeking to fill board positions.
- WCD partners with our global sponsor, Spencer Stuart, to refer and fill open board seats with qualified WCD candidates.
- WCD shares alliances with various organizations such as the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), providing our members with exposure to executive search consultants and global open board positions free of charge.
Speaking Engagements and Global Leade
- WCD members are among the world’s most powerful and influential women in business today—the global business elite, and we are proud to refer and offer numerous speaking engagements to our members throughout the year.
- In recognition of companies which demonstrate visionary leadership, have outstanding corporate governance and have more than 30% women on their boards, WCD hosts an annual Visionary Awards gala to celebrate three companies and one female leader. We encourage our members to nominate their qualified companies and join in honoring these great achievements.
WCD Is THE World’s Only Community of Women Corporate Directors. Join today!